- Xplorer Capital
- San Francisco, California
- Competitive salary + benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Feb 17, 2023
- Mar 19, 2023
- Job Function
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Xplorer Capital is a leading Venture Capital firm that invests in early-stage, deep tech startups around the world. Our team is a small group of entrepreneurs and tech leaders who have conceived and built successful technology companies, and who now use their knowledge and network to find and help great entrepreneurs change the world.
We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team. The right candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in an unstructured environment with little hierarchy and minimal direction. They will also love technology and have a strong desire to become a venture investor or entrepreneur.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive financial modeling and analysis. Must be comfortable digging into financial statements to identify risks, strengths, and weaknesses of a startup.
- Prepare briefing documents, investment memorandums.
- Perform market intelligence and competitive landscape analyses.
- Help source investment opportunities and evaluate inbound leads.
- Build relationships with portfolio companies to provide advice and support.
- Support fund administration efforts for financial reporting, tax, legal, compliance and fundraising.
- 2+ years experience, ideally in a technology group at an investment bank, accounting, or consulting firm.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form an opinion, and communicate it clearly and concisely.
- Passion for the startup ecosystem and exploring new ideas.
- Highly self-motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + Paid Annual Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
At Xplorer we believe in racial equity, social justice, equal opportunity, and we know that diversity makes us a stronger team. Candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status are strongly encouraged to apply.