ESG Sales specialist
Your team responsibilities
We are seeking to expand the Client Coverage team in San Francisco with a commercially driven and results-oriented individual. As the leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance Research, Ratings and Indexes, we continue to grow our footprint with the world's largest asset managers, banks, hedge funds, pension funds and corporations. As an MSCI ESG Sales Specialist you are responsible for developing new business within the West coast territory.
The role also demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and externally, to drive sales and achieve revenue targets. The individual will work very closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product Management
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Educate potential clients about ESG investment trends and how MSCI can enable investors to build ESG capabilities through our market leading ESG Research, Index, and Analytics solutions.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales and business objectives
- Identify opportunities and close sales to new prospects
- Work with the wider sales group to achieve cross-segment opportunities and synergies from information sharing and collaboration
- Communicate suggestions to improve, customize, or create new products and solutions
- Gather and share industry trends and competitive intelligence to senior management
- Grow network and attend relevant industry events
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Applicable experience working in institutional sales focused on finance clients
- Recent experience in managing sales effort against a quantitative objective
- Proven track record in developing new business
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good networking and inter-personal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Absolute personal and business integrity
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, customer orientated thinker with a strong consultative sales drive
- A team builder and player with emotional and professional maturity
- A commercially minded individual with drive and capacity to manage a dynamic, fast paced environment
- A good understanding of the ESG market and how ESG factors impact the investment process is a plus
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.