Manager, Corporate Strategy Financial Planning & Analysis
Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT) is a specialty finance company focused on investing in mortgages for single-family and rental properties and expanding liquidity to help more Americans own and rent homes. We also acquire, sell and securitize residential loans and provide a steady source of liquidity to the owner-occupied and rental markets.
Our employees are a team of disciplined, dedicated and talented professionals who do what it takes to make the Company a leader in innovation and reputation. We value everyone's contribution, actively soliciting feedback at all levels within the organization. Work gets done in a non-hierarchical, hard-working and fun environment.
This role is open in our San Francisco offices, on a hybrid basis beginning in January 2022.
As a Corporate Strategy/ FP&A Manager at Redwood Trust, you will play a critical role of ensuring that the company is able to plan for external and organic growth, assist on capital markets transactions, and conduct financial and strategic analysis to measure business performance. You will drive key elements of the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting cycles, and will contribute to the preparation of presentations for the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership. You will also monitor M&A and business trends in the broader competitive landscape. You will help Redwood Trust achieve its quarterly, annual, and long-term goals by crafting short and long-term financial/operational reports, analyses, and strategies. The role also includes due diligence and valuation support for our team that invests in early-to-mid stage venture FinTech and PropTech companies.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Conduct research on prospective acquisition targets and prepare customized presentations for the Management team. Assist in the financial due diligence process, develop and maintain appropriate models, and project manage the integration process for active transactions
- Monitor execution levels for each product within our capital structure and make proactive recommendations about issuance depending on uses of capital, and relative value between the distinct capital options
- Build quarterly Board books, ad hoc presentations, partner on strategic projects, and be charged with improving the efficiency of the Finance team’s use of financial models
- Perform ad-hoc/deep-dive analysis in support of management decision making
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Partner across the organization to provide forward-looking analysis to support business decisions and analyze capital allocation decisions
- Prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and reporting of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals, initiatives and objectives
Required Experience & Education
- 4-6 years of industry experience with corporate transactions, financial modeling, and decision analytics (e.g. corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and broad knowledge of financial concepts and processes
- Must exhibit excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to source and work with large amounts of data from different sources, and demonstrate strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes
- Ability to work independently and within a team in both tactical and strategic capacities
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Anaplan, or similar cloud-based ERP system preferred
- Ability to apply high-level analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills to different financial scenarios and make recommendations on outcome
Please be aware that Redwood Trust requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If the candidate has not yet received the COVID-19 vaccination they may do so through Redwood Trust, any offer is contingent on receipt of the first dose of the vaccine and requires the candidate to complete all doses of the vaccine. Redwood Trust is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT), together with its subsidiaries, is a specialty finance company focused on investing in mortgage related assets, and engaging in residential and commercial mortgage banking activities. Our employees are a team of disciplined, dedicated and talented professionals who do what it takes to make the Company a leader in innovation and reputation. We value everyone's contribution, actively soliciting feedback at all levels within the organization. Work gets done in a non-hierarchical, hard-working and fun environment. For more information about our Company, please look up the Redwood Review, published quarterly, available on our website, www.redwoodtrust.com.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Structured Products Fintech/Insurtech Full Time jobs in Bachelors