Associate Lead Analyst 1
The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of a portfolio of covered bonds, publish research, and work on special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytics and research. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and offer her or his analysis of the potential credit impact of different factors affecting the credit strength of the rated transactions. At times, the individual will work closely with other analysts and other supporting staff in rating transactions.
- Perform analysis for covered bonds and recommend ratings for new transactions or monitor ratings of existing transactions.
- Primarily responsible for analysing asset pools, transaction structures and cash flows using Moody’s methodologies and models, and other quantitative or qualitative tools or methods to formulate independent credit opinions and make recommendations to committee. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documents and third party reports.
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody’s methodologies.
- Lead issuer meetings including on-site visits and communicate professionally with investors and bankers.
- Publish high quality research on pertinent credit events and sector trends.
- Substantially contribute to other sector research such as outlooks, as well as other projects such as methodologies.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of Moody’s processes and methodologies.
- Build relationships with investors, underwriters/arrangers and issuers and manage key strategic relationships.
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, Master’s) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related quantitative field with 3 years of related work experience or undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor’s) with at least 5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of financial and fixed income markets
- Significant credit experience is essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills mandatory, strong statistical skills and ability to work with large data sets highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Experience with programming (VBA, SQL, Python, C) is a plus
- Strong quantitative aptitude, proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Professional, proactive, shows initiative, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending views
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and contribute to a large and diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Besides English, fluency in Spanish is essential. Knowledge of other European languages is beneficial.
- Rating agency related experience is a plus
- Previous experience in structured finance and/or covered bonds is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.