Institutional Client Service Manager
Parnassus Investments is the largest pure-play responsible investment mutual fund company in the United States. We seek to build wealth responsibly for long-term investors by investing in businesses with increasingly relevant products or services, sustainable competitive advantages, quality management teams and ethical business practices. We incorporate rigorous environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into our investment process.
Our firm was named by Morningstar as a top fund company to partner with in the decade ahead and our business growth reflects it. Our team members are typically long tenured, sharing in a professional, vibrant culture emphasizing principles, teamwork and continuous learning. Our tight knit collaborative firm has consistently won awards for our great workplace.
Institutional Client Service Manager
The Institutional Client Service Manager will help continue the firm’s strong momentum with the professional buyer community. Professional buyers include research analysts at broker dealers, consultants and asset owners and are highly knowledgeable and sophisticated buyers of investment products. The ability to enhance these relationships over time will be a key driver for Parnassus.
- Maintain and enhance existing professional buyer relationships, at broker dealers as well as consultants and asset owners. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of client needs.
- Manage Ad Hoc requests, including performance, sector, or stock information requests through utilizing FactSet, discussion with portfolio managers, or other means.
- Manage the quarter-end process, including interfacing between clients and RFP/DDQ production resources. Serve as the liaison for quarterly client calls with the Research staff.
- Conduct in person visits both independently and with Research staff with existing professional buyer clients, for mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and other vehicles, to provide both business and investment updates.
- Facilitate business development opportunities with the Director of Institutional Relations
- Resolve complex administrative topics, such as adherence to investment management agreement guidelines, onboarding business, and coordinating operational and compliance support.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the firm’s products, trading activity, market environment, and competitive landscape.
- Communicate investment updates on strategies and processes to the entire sales and marketing team; key liaison to the Research team
- Travel up to 30%
- Knowledge of professional buyer needs, processes, timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Investment skills and knowledge
- Detail oriented and organized
- Sense of urgency in handling client requests
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to interface with all functional aspects of institutional clients and our firm
- Knowledge of, and interest in, ESG strategies and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- Series 7 and 66 licensed, or achieved within six months of hire
- CFA preferred
Being Part of the Parnassus Team Includes:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills
- An annual bonus based on the performance of your stock recommendations and other factors
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your family with no waiting period
- 2:1 charitable contribution matching to non-profit organizations
- The opportunity to collaborate with intellectually robust coworkers
- We are currently working remotely, but we expect to be back in our office with a hybrid schedule on January 15th in San Francisco's Financial District near BART, Muni, ferries and cable cars. We also provide a generous commuter subsidy
We will only consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States; we do not sponsor work-related visas.
If this sounds like it was written for you, please send your resume email@example.com and reference how you found out about this opening (e.g., which specific job posting site).
Parnassus Investments is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and will consider all applicants in accordance with this Ordinance.
Please see the Careers page of our website to view the privacy notice to job applicants to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).