Due Diligence Investment Analyst
2 days left
The Townsend Group (Townsend) is a global real assets investment solutions firm operating on behalf of sophisticated institutional investors. Townsend was founded in 1983 by Terry Ahern and Kevin Lynch on the premise of providing uncompromised and specialized advice.
Townsend mainly invests in real estate on behalf of more than 90 institutional clients globally, both under discretionary and non-discretionary mandates. Operating across four offices in the US, London and Hong Kong, the team has grown to over 100 people globally.
Townsend works on the basis of tailored investment programs for clients such as the Environmental Agency Pension Fund (EAPF) in the UK, the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) and Thailand’s Government Pension Fund. As institutions’ appetite for risk grows, the Principal team at Townsend increasingly evaluates real assets outside of real estate, such as timber and infrastructure.
Townsend is currently seeking an Analyst to be located either in its Cleveland headquarters or in a regional office in San Francisco. Townsend serves multiple institutional clients and funds-of-funds.
Townsend's Fund Review Group is responsible for selecting the best investment opportunities for Townsend’s 80+ clients, choosing from the hundreds of funds that submit data to Townsend each year. Last year, Townsend’s clients collectively committed approximately $14 billion to private equity real estate funds and other similar vehicles throughout the globe.
An Analyst in the Fund Review Group would participate in all levels of the fund review process. This role may also include some client servicing opportunities. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Meeting with investment fund managers to evaluate identified market opportunities, intended strategies to exploit those opportunities, and assembled teams to execute those strategies. Townsend meets regularly with most established managers in the industry, as well as less established groups that bring unique expertise or innovative ideas. This role will include work in real estate, as well as timber and agriculture.
- Providing analytical support to senior team members;
- Using and improving upon various portfolio planning models and analytical tools;
- Conducting performance measurement, attribution, and assessment as part of investment research;
- Where possibly, contribute to Townsend’s macro View of the World;
- Monitoring trends in global capital markets, as well as risks and opportunities in covered asset classes.
- ~1-4 years of relevant experience, preferably working in real estate investment consulting, investment banking and/or private fund management;
- Bachelors degree required, MBA and/or CFA designation is preferred;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Highly analytical;
- Self-starter capable of working autonomously in a lean group;
- Strong written/oral communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to interact effectively with fund managers and (eventually) with clients;
- Positive attitude as well as excellent team-work and interpersonal skills.
- GPA of 3.5+ preferred