WIM Investment Management Specialist 1
Job Title: WIM Investment Management Specialist 1 Job ID: 5596034
Locations: San Francisco or Walnut Creek, CA
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial
and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management,
investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them
achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with
confidence. We accomplish this by:
o Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
o Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
o Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth WIM
serves clients through the following businesses:
o Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
o Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than
13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed
o Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of
investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial
advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment,
and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth
services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
The WIM Investment Management Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Assists Senior Investment Managers in handling investment management activities for a group
• Manages simple to moderately complex investment portfolios for Investment Management accounts
and/or fiduciary (irrevocable and revocable trust) accounts
• With limited investment strategy authority and generally handling smaller accounts, works
under the direct supervision of management or more senior staff
• Consults with Relationship Manager, Financial Consultant, Private Banker, Account
Administrator (if applicable) and client to deliver "full balance sheet" solutions based on
management philosophy and customer objectives
• Utilizes an investment consulting approach to execute investment strategies leveraging
individual securities (incl. equities, bonds, ETFs, real estate securities, etc.), pooled vehicles
(incl. open and closed end Mutual Funds and DIFs), "open architecture" platforms, and "alternative"
investments to maximize returns commensurate with an acceptable level of risk for the client
• Performs investment research, keeps informed of developments in investment management
industry and confers with tax attorneys, accountants, etc., to determine other consequences of
investment decisions and resolve account problems
• Assists in business development through sales/marketing while leveraging partnership
opportunities throughout the firm
• 2+ years of investment support experience
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Knowledge of financial markets and investment management
• Progress toward CFA® charter or CFP ® designation preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully
completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law,
including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.