Foresite Capital is seeking to add an Investment Associate / Junior Investment Analyst to its investment platform team. The person will work closely with Foresite Capital’s investment team to identify, assess, and help manage a broad array of life science investment opportunities, with a focus on preclinical and clinical-stage therapeutics.
- Build / maintain financial models and understand industry trends as well as competitive dynamics for portfolio companies and prospective investments
- Attend investor events, sell-side conferences, and medical meetings. Provide written summaries of meetings.
- Create scientific diligence memos for various therapeutic areas of focus
- Conduct due diligence with key opinion leaders and industry experts. Take notes for company meetings and physician calls
- Maintain internal databases relevant to new and existing drugs in development
- Other duties as assigned; we expect this position to grow in responsibilities as you become familiar with our company
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences from a top-tier academic institution
- At least one year of experience in an investment banking, sell-side equity research, buy-side, or consulting role, with a focus in healthcare
- Familiarity with all stages of the drug development process, including discovery research, lead selection and optimization, preclinical testing, IND-enabling studies, clinical trial design and clinical trial execution
- Understanding of human biology and physiology
- Ability to assess the quality and reliability of published data, with a hunger for experimental details
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other members of the investment team and thrive in a fast-paced and highly self-motivated professional culture
Please submit a resume for consideration.
About Foresite Capital:
Foresite Capital is a multi-stage healthcare and life sciences investment firm with $4B+ in assets under management. The firm aims to address areas of great unmet need by funding promising healthcare and life sciences businesses at all stages of their life cycles. Foresite Capital uses a data science-driven approach to invest in companies that leverage biology and big data to transform healthcare, including 10x Genomics, Relay Therapeutics, Element Biosciences, Inscripta, as well as companies developing next generation therapeutics. Founded in 2011, Foresite Capital is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.