ETF Portfolio Manager (Junior PM)
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager – ETF (Exchange Traded Fund), to join our Global ETF group in San Mateo. In addition to managing various portfolios, this is a unique opportunity to help build our ETF platform and launch of new ETF products globally.
- Manage the assigned portfolios to meet or exceed performance standards consistent with fund’s investment objectives while adhering to client-specified or regulatory restrictions and constraints.
- Proactively generate value add through trading strategies, corporate action elections, tax mitigation strategies or other ad-hoc opportunities.
- Ensure portfolio risk is prudently managed and that investment and operational processes have integrity by engaging in sound risk management practices. Stay knowledgeable of all regulatory frameworks under which assigned portfolios operate.
- Knowledgeable on various investment vehicles (including derivatives) and currency hedging strategies.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market experience, ETFs and index construction to portfolio management, product development and risk budgeting.
- Have a strong understanding of index provider methodologies and index changes. Affect index changes in the market with a balanced risk approach around tracking to the benchmark.
- Attribute fund performance and understand sources of portfolio risk relative to the benchmark.
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements. Influence and impact the development of the next generation ETF platform, working with internal FTT and outside vendors.
- Evaluate new markets to support product launches around portfolio management issues.
- Ensure new processes are implemented appropriately.
- Articulate complex investment topics to a variety of audiences using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Build relationships and work together with different parts of the firm to get new initiatives executed and deliver superior client experience.
- Create a positive environment as FT leader through personal example and fostering optimal work environment for the team.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate include:
- 2-4 years of ETF portfolio management experience is required.
- 3-5 years of overall experience in the investment industry; thorough understanding of asset management, equity markets, operational processes and trading.
- Graduate degree and CFA designation preferred.
- BA/BSc degree required.
- Experienced manager with proven track record of delivering consistent investment performance in-line or above target objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ETFs and global markets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail. Strong quantitative analytical skills, including knowledge of optimization and risk models.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, while producing a high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. Curious and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique? In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our US benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success. We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”. Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities. Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com. In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.