Junior Research Analyst
Trigran investments, Inc. ("Trigran") is a SEC-registered investment adviser that was formed in 1991. Trigran manages concentrated, long-only portfolios of publicly traded small cap stocks. Trigran is a boutique firm that is laser focused on investing and building upon its successful 30-year track record.
Trigran has an opening for a Junior Research Analyst. The primary role for the job will be assisting the Senior Analyst/Portfolio Managers with research. This support may include the following: monitoring current holdings, assisting with industry research, providing competitive analysis, screening for and analyzing potential investment ideas and general research projects. The role will also require the junior analyst to support additional staff with company research. Trigran has staff located in Northbrook, Illinois and Boulder, Colorado. The analyst should be prepared to work with personnel based in each of those offices. The responsibilities and tasks for this position may include the following: updating financial analysis in our database, assisting with building models for potential or existing positions and writing company specific/industry reports.
Trigran is looking for a candidate with the following skills/experience:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- CFA preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience with general research projects preferred.
- Demonstrated success in workplace independence.
- An interest in long-term investing.
- Strong collaborative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and inherently curious with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Avid reader with excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Internet search tools and social media.
- Knowledge of FactSet software preferred.