State Farm Investment Planning Services (IPS) is seeking a Portfolio Strategist in its State Farm Investment Management unit (SFIM). Reporting to the head of SFIM, you will provide quantitative research and asset allocation analysis in support of State Farm’s newly-created Advisory model portfolios. Under the guidance of the team lead, you will lead the development and enhancement of SFIM quantitative processes and infrastructure for asset allocation (strategic/tactical), capital market assumptions (development/management), portfolio construction and risk management of State Farm Advisory model portfolios. In this position, you will also support the formation of investment outlook, content and advisor/agent education; supporting the quantitative due diligence and fiduciary oversight responsibilities of various IPS investment/product platforms. Some travel to SF Agent offices and conferences nationwide may be required for this role. When not traveling, this person will work from State Farm’s Dallas office.
- Develops and maintains Strategic & Tactical Asset Allocation for State Farm Advisory Model Portfolios by evaluating various inputs: capital market assumptions (CMAs), relative value between asset classes, portfolio optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, factor modeling, return/risk attribution, and current market conditions
- Collaborates with team lead(s) to complete asset allocation and portfolio construction research projects including fundamental, quantitative, and statistical analysis of asset classes in order to provide analytical support in the development and enhancement of State Farm Advisory model portfolios
- Serves as subject matter resource on investment models, systems and software (i.e. proprietary and 3rd party)
- Lead/support in the generation and maintenance of SFIM investment reports, data sets, performance reporting (i.e. SF models) and broader analytical infrastructure
- Collaborates with team members and internal IPS departments to execute SFIM & IPS publications and collaterals on a periodic (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly) and ad hoc basis
- Engages with internal stakeholders and external audiences representing Advisory solutions and views, including meetings (agents, prospects, customers) and presentations (seminars, webinars, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Asset management and/or wealth management (i.e. Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, or Research capacity).
- Multi-asset portfolio management, asset allocation and/or quantitative investment research.
- Designing, implementing and testing quantitative models for multi-asset investment portfolios.
- Third-party investment and risk management systems/tools. (i.e. MSCI Barra, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, etc).
- Investment strategy/manager due diligence, open architecture and oversight of traditional and alternative investment strategies
- Meaningful knowledge/direct experience in at least 3 of the following areas is required:
- Strategic/tactical asset allocation formation;
- Capital market assumption development;
- Portfolio optimization methods;
- Factor risk/return modeling;
- Monte Carlo simulation.
- Knowledge of insurance products/industry is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of securities including but not limited to stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, alternative investments, and options strategies.
- Solid knowledge of investment advisory business including advisory program types.
- A self-starter with the ability to own initiatives and work in a dynamic/”start-up”-like team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, financial engineering or a related quantitative field, Master's degree preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 required, or will be required to achieve registrations in a short period of time of hire.
- Completion of or progress towards the CFA charter or comparable designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA in the future.
- Proven ability to develop complex data models in Excel preferred.
- Programming skills desirable: C++, Python, Matlab, etc.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process.
- The interview process starts with a HireVue On-Demand Video Interview, a conversation with a State Farm Scout, further competitive candidates may be invited to 2 additional live video interviews with the hiring team.
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan with competitive match
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!