Portfolio Analyst Fixed Income 1
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
- WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $603 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
*Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
The position is with the Multi Sector US High Yield Fixed Income team located in either Menomonee Falls, WI or San Francisco, CA. The successful candidate will work with the portfolio team, supporting the portfolio managers in the management of client accounts.
Specific duties include:
Other Desired Qualifications:
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Assist in day to day portfolio activities including monitoring and maintaining portfolio data base analytics, monitoring cash balances and cash flow activity, produce/distribute daily reports and perform analysis on portfolios, including attribution.
- Perform various client facing duties including preparing reporting and marketing materials, review and edit requests for proposals, assist relationship management team members with ad hoc client requests.
- Work with portfolio managers and client relations to draft performance attribution reports.
- Assist portfolio managers and traders to create and manage portfolios and model portfolios
- Assist traders and portfolio managers with inputting trade orders into order management system and booking trades.
- Assist traders with managing trade settlement process and phone lines.
- Work with portfolio managers, traders and other team member on ad hoc projects as appropriate and some occasional administrative items like scheduling and supplies management.
- Daily interaction with the firm’s operations groups such as risk management, relationship management, consultant relations, performance measurement and portfolio operations to complete routine duties and ad hoc requests.
- Formulate and recommend ideas for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Administrative responsibilities such as ordering supplies, scheduling, answering traders’ phones.
- Become proficient in portfolio management systems and processes used by the Multi Sector US High Yield Fixed Income team.
- Demonstrate consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the Multi Sector US High Yield Fixed Income team.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Experience working with research tools such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, and Barra
- Fixed income markets experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; including statistics
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations including charts and graphs for investment clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- 1+ years of client service/client administration/accounting or equivalent experience in the investment industry
- Proficient in working with large data sets and complex spreadsheets in Excel
- Basic understanding of investments or client portfolio reporting
- Strong independent thinking skills, demonstrated problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of investment products, operations, and servicing requirements
- Experience in communicating with institutional investors, consultants and/or internal sales
- Familiarity or proficiency in use of Bloomberg, Charles River and/or Factset
- Programming and/or data base management skills a plus
- Strong independent thinking skills, demonstrated problem solving skills
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, or Physics
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors