Associate Director - Servicer Ratings CMBS
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is adding an operational risk credit analyst in either New York, Chicago, Austin, or San Francisco to support its growing North American Commercial Real Estate Servicer Ratings team.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate conducts operational risk assessments for commercial real estate loan servicers in conjunction with CMBS and structured finance ratings. Experience with commercial real estate (CRE) lending and loan servicing, CMBS, operational risk assessments, and superior writing skills are key components of success in this role which typically requires approximately 30% travel within the U.S. and Canada. This role reports directly to the senior director of North American commercial mortgage and will be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 17 commercial mortgage servicers.
• Analyze the quality and sufficiency of CRE loan servicers’ practices, processes and controls; assess exposure to operational risk and adequacy of controls
• Initiate and maintain operational risk ratings for commercial mortgage loan servicers, including preparing and presenting recommendations to a formal credit committee.
• Manage servicer rating relationships while engaging with senior management at the highest level of commercial loan servicing.
• Author press releases, and full rating reports for servicers annually
• Act as secondary analyst supporting peers during rating engagements
• Synthesize portfolio, market, and operational data for meaningful trends;
• Contribute to or publish topical market commentary and research reports.
• Represent Fitch at industry events and meetings with senior market participants
• Participate in new issue and surveillance credit committees
• Perform site inspections, cash flow analysis, and presale write ups for new issue CMBS as time permits.
The person who is best fit for this role is:
• Has prior commercial servicing or operational risk experience
• Familiar with US commercial real estate, performing and non-performing loan servicing, securitization, the CMBS market
• Demonstrate superior writing and proofreading skills
• Have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Extremely detail oriented
• Possess BS/BA; MBA a plus
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in servicing, securitization, internal audit and/or compliance, structured finance, or related area.
• Well versed in Fitch’s current research, analysis, and market commentary.
• Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
• Intermediate or better Microsoft Excel skills