Hilton Capital Management, LLC. (HCM) is pleased to announce an ANALYST position available at its Garden City, NY office. HCM is accepting applications for those who meet all of the Key Qualifications noted within this job posting and who are preferably in the metro NYC area. We will consider candidates outside of the metro NYC area.
HCM, established in 2001, is a growing investment management firm with $2 Billion under management. We seek a highly motivated individual to join our team. The position will work on a team with five senior investment professionals and will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including securities analysis, research, client interaction, customer facing multimedia presentations and special projects as needed. For the right candidate this position could advance into a Portfolio Management role down the road. We are looking for a bright, motivated individual with the desire to succeed in an intellectually-intense environment. You must possess intellectual curiosity, a passion for creative analysis, and attention to detail. The ability to think broadly and creatively about a range of strategic issues affecting a business is required.
The analyst will contribute to the overall success of the investment process on three different investment strategies; multi-asset income, global dividend equities, and our small/mid cap strategy. The analyst must provide meaningful insight and recommendations to the HCM Investment Committee and participate in the Committee's decision-making process for security selection and asset allocation. The Analyst must also be comfortable having direct communication with clients. They will work closely with the Relationship Management and Client Services teams fulfilling client goals.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: (approx. time allocation)
- Research (65%) - Responsibility for primary/maintenance research on equity and fixed income investments spanning the three investment strategies. Expectations include coverage of existing names and sourcing new investment ideas for all of the strategies; fundamental research on new investment ideas, including regular meetings with company management teams and sell-side analysts, stay up to date on news flow and current research related to companies in the portfolio. Analyze/Summarize quarterly earnings calls.
- Writing (10%) – Investment memos and financial modeling.
- Portfolio Management (10%) - Provide investment research expertise and recommendations. Participate in the development of the firm's Investment Committee strategies and decisions.
- Client Service (5%) - Service and communicate both existing and prospective clients, providing expertise, guidance, oversight and feedback as necessary.
- Global Macro Knowledge (10%): - Understand the complexities of economic cycle analysis and incorporate that knowledge into your research process.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree required. A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) holder and or MBA preferred. At least five years of related experience and/or training required. Must have a driving interest in portfolio management and desire to work in a high growth environment. Should have experience with yield oriented securities. Direct client experience is helpful, especially with high net worth individuals, families or institutions.
OTHER SKILLS: Candidate must exhibit an ability to operate as an effective, technical and strategic thinker and consistently display integrity in all actions. The candidate must have extraordinary intellectual curiosity as we are looking for someone who can grow into a meaningful role within the firm. The candidate must have excellent financial modeling skills in Microsoft Excel. The position requires comfort working both independently and in a team environment. Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills are required as well as a thorough and maintained understanding of investments, financial markets including US fixed income markets. Candidate MUST have strong Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills.
Questions: Please provide a response to each of the questions below with your application:
- If you had to hold a single equity position for the next 10 years, what would it be and why?
- Describe to us your top two investment ideas that did not work out.
- What key insight has had an influence on your investment process?
Please email your resume in PDF format only: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors