Internship with a Buy-Side Equities Team
Internship opportunity with a buy-side equities team at a San Francisco family office. The candidate will work with a group of seasoned buy-side professionals, learning about and participating in fundamental, bottoms-up analysis on long and short equity investments.
This will be a great experience for someone looking to gain valuable knowledge for a career on the buy side or sell side. The intern will have a chance to interact directly with the team and assist in the stock selection process: company assessments through industry and management calls, risk/reward, valuation frameworks and game theory.
Schedule: Flexible but need at least three (3) full days a week or equivalent, and a minimum 6-month commitment.
Skills and Experience
- Junior or Senior undergraduate, MBA candidate or recent graduate
- Finance/economics major preferred
- Must have strong Excel and basic modeling skills
- Data science and computer programing background a plus
- Foreign language (Mandarin, Korean, Japanese a plus)
- A specialty and interest in tech and/or industrials helpful
- Disciplined, hardworking, tenacious and conscientiousness
- A passion for investing; strong drive/desire to learn about investing
- Enjoys a small, entrepreneurial team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
Please submit a resume – one (1) page - and three (3) concise bullet points why you are the right candidate for this internship. Please include any other supporting document that is not encompassed in your resume (for example: stocks ideas you like, personal investing experience, inspiration, etc.). Candidates should reside in the Bay Area. A monthly stipend will be provided.
For more information about our company, please go to: www.sfgaa.com