Manager, Membership and Member Engagement
We are seeking a creative and experienced Manager to manage, develop, and direct membership strategy. This is a key position for CFA Society San Francisco with the opportunity to be creative in expanding member engagement. This is a full-time, or ¾ time, exempt position, ensuring CFA Society San Francisco is meeting member needs through various engagement opportunities, administrative support, and programming.
The Manager is responsible for understanding the health of the entire membership and reporting to management on member demographics, issues, and ongoing trends. The manager will execute member retention programs and be responsible for supporting and guiding volunteer committees, event support, CRM management, member inquiries, and administration tasks.
More specifically, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Membership outreach and reporting
- Messaging and processing member renewals and activations
- Shepherding new member and member recapture campaigns
- Welcoming new members. Sending out new member welcome packets, etc.
- Creating compelling messaging to attract potential members, retain existing members, reclaim lapsed members
- Accurately manage our CRM
- Creating reports for management that reflect member statistics (demographics, firm, position, industry sector, etc.) and other vital information for Society operations
- Requires advanced knowledge in MS Excel including reporting, data formatting, v-lookups, and pivot tables
- Developing and Managing member volunteer committees
- Identify Society volunteer needs
- Review volunteer applications
- Guide meetings
- Lead virtual member social events
- Shepherd the “Meet a Member” program
- Manage the Society’s Job Board. Ensure that the online Career Center is functioning properly
- Review metrics on a quarterly basis
- Be creative! Generate new ideas to engage members, to find new benefits for members, to continually demonstrate the value of membership
- Support and/or lead strategic projects in partnership with other Society staff and member volunteers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to execute the Society’s mission
- We are observing all protocols to ensure staff and member health during this time. All staff is currently working 100% of the time remotely and we plan to continue this through at least mid-year 2021. We will follow the most conservative approach as recommended by leading authorities at the national and regional levels.
- Due to this all virtual work environment, we are able to consider an applicant who does not live in the San Francisco Bay Area who is willing to work hours that accommodate this working time schedule, and when in-person events can begin, be willing to travel to San Francisco periodically.
- At least five years as a membership manager with a non-profit association.
- Superior MS Excel knowledge and fluency.
- Ability to understand datasets and simultaneously work with multiple software platforms.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and CRMs.
- Demonstrated experience planning, executing, and hosting events both in person and on virtual platforms.
- Particular skills with creating and producing Zoom meetings, webinars, and conferences is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite and familiarity with event registration software and database management.
- Demonstrated experience running meetings, following up on meeting notes, keeping all parties on task/on time.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to nimbly juggle responsibilities with attention to detail, deadlines, and people.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse group of professionals from C-suite executives to new college graduates.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular work hours when necessary to provide event support.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Some knowledge of the financial services world preferred.
Please compose a thoughtful cover letter that explains how your skills and experience relate to this role along with a current resume. Qualified candidates must: submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
Additional Salary Information: The salary will be commensurate with experience. The overall compensation package includes:
- An incentive bonus structure
- Employer contribution to a 401k retirement plan
- Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Continuing education reimbursement for employees
More searches like this
- Operations Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors