In the role of Research Analyst, you will conduct a wide variety of analyses and write research reports and articles to help executives make better business decisions. Research coverage for this role will be information technology staffing and talent cloud platforms.
If interested, please fill out this questionnaire to help us understand your background more.
About the Position
The Research Analyst will be accountable for executing research projects, performing analyses, writing reports and providing analytic support to customers. Compensation will be competitive.
- Developing unsurpassed expertise in assigned areas of the staffing industry and producing periodic comprehensive reports that communicate key business intelligence and analysis in clear and precise language supported by relevant charts, graphs and tables as well as originating and verifying supporting data from primary and secondary sources.
- Researching and writing frequent thought-provoking analyses on current staffing industry events and trends. This includes conducting financial analysis of staffing industry company results, collecting and analyzing government data as well as conducting internet-based research to produce unique content of practical value to our customers.
- Participating in data collection via surveys and manipulation of publicly available data, in support of group projects.
- Developing additional technical expertise as required, possibly including mastery of software and/or staffing industry business practices, quickly and with a minimum of assistance.
- Working closely with coworkers to develop extensions of current research product offerings as well as assisting in the development and planning for new research related offerings. Providing thought leadership on the use of research and analysis for current and future products to deliver to Staffing Industry Analysts' customers.
- Building general expertise in staffing and contingent work through monitoring of relevant news, research studies and industry developments.
- Attending and participating in conferences as a member of Staffing Industry Analysts’ research team and assisting as needed with any or all conference planning activities, including speaker recruitment and support work related to the development and construction of speaker presentations.
- Assist as needed in other areas.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Research Skills – You have extensive experience, at least 2 years, in financial and statistical analysis for business, including analysis of quarterly and annual financial reports. Your general analytical and mathematical problem-solving skills are excellent. You are highly adept at data manipulation through Microsoft Excel.
- Writing Experience – You are an excellent writer and have business writing experience, including writing research reports and articles for an executive level business audience.
- Communication Skills – You are comfortable interacting with CEO’s and top executives of business organizations to learn and understand their agenda and determine what research will be of most use to them in solving business problems. You are able to communicate the results of your research both in writing and orally to business executives in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Visualization of data – You have excellent judgment about when to use various chart types, tables and diagrams and are highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel and/or other software to create such graphics to communicate key research findings. You have a keen eye for visual detail. Your final work product has a finished look.
- Flexibility – What you don’t already know, you are eager to learn. You enjoy challenges. You are not intimidated by software related to research and can pick up new skills as needed.
- Intelligence – You can investigate and answer unfamiliar questions through original and creative analyses that generate perceptive value-added insight.
- Business Experience – You’ve spent two or more years working in positions conducting significant quantitative and qualitative business research and analysis.
- Vision – You can see both the forest and the trees and can master the details that need to be delivered in the short term while keeping the big picture in mind and focusing on the most critical elements for long-term success.
- Execution Oriented – You get the right stuff done day-in and day-out. You meet every deadline. You’ve achieved significant results fast, and you can prove it with hard facts from previous jobs.
- People want to work with you again. They respect you, they trust you and they learn from you. Everyone knows that you’re a problem solver. Challenges get met when you’re around. You’re comfortable working in a flexible team environment and are eager to lend a hand as needed. You own up to mistakes quickly. You pull your own weight and you do it with a smile.
A major plus would be experience in or with one or more of the following:
- The staffing industry
- Contingent staffing/workforce/HR/labor issues
- Procurement issues
- An analyst firm (e.g. Gartner, Corporate Executive Board, IDC, Forrester, etc.)
- A large management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG, etc.)
About Our Company
Founded in 1989, Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) is the global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions. Our proprietary research covers all categories of employed and non-employed work including temporary staffing, independent contracting and other types of contingent labor.
SIA’s independent and objective analysis provides insights into the services and suppliers operating in the workforce solutions ecosystem including staffing firms, managed service providers, recruitment process outsourcers, payrolling/compliance firms and talent acquisition technology specialists such as vendor management systems, online staffing platforms, crowdsourcing and online work services. We also provide training and accreditation with our unique Certified Contingent Workforce Professional (CCWP) program.
Known for our award-winning content, data, support tools, publications, executive conferences and events, we help both suppliers and buyers of workforce solutions make better-informed decisions that improve business results and minimize risk. As a division of the international business media company, Crain Communications Inc., SIA is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with offices in London, England.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization – a profitable, well-established publishing leader.
More searches like this
- Economics Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors