We are looking for an experienced Investment Analyst to add to the State of Utah, School and Institutional Trust Funds Office (SITFO). SITFO was created in 2015 to manage state trust land revenues and existing corpus of approximately $2.5 billion. Current allocations are global in nature, include a mix of active and rules-based strategies, with significant investment in private markets. The trust funds support a variety of efforts in public education for the State of Utah.
The Investment Analyst will support and collaborate in the selection, evaluation, due diligence, and ongoing monitoring of investments. The primary responsibility will be to add-value to the manager selection and monitoring process and to work directly with the CIO and to present to the board of trustees on individual managers as well as overall portfolio construction.
This role will be highly attractive to someone looking to take the next step in their career, expand their knowledge base, while contributing to the benefit of public schools. We expect to bring someone on to the team who has a great work ethic, excellent communication skills, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. We promote unconventional thinking and want to work with someone who is self-motivated and collaborative on our small team. SITFO is a small government agency with only a handful of employees who work closely together to achieve their mission. This creates a friendly environment that welcomes new ideas and promotes personal growth.
This position starts between $90 - $100k. You will also be rewarded with additional benefits for a total compensation package that includes low cost medical insurance, generous retirement plan options, and above average time off.
- 3+ years industry experience in researching investment managers
- Undergraduate degree
- Experienced with industry specific software and systems (eVestment, MPI, Zephyr, Caissa, Dynamo, PARIS, etc.)
- Strong work ethic to contribute to the ongoing improvements of our investment process and meet expectations and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills for expressing ideas and fielding criticism, as well as leading extensive interviews with senior investment management professionals
- Capable of succeeding independently and on a team as some projects require self direction and others significant collaboration
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail in order to facilitate a comprehensive evaluation of an investment manger
- 3+ years of directly relevant experience such as an analyst at a consulting firm, fund of funds, pension fund, or similar asset owner
- CFA charter holder or a graduate degree (Candidate may pursue those qualifications while working at SITFO)
- Researches, monitors, and validates existing portfolio for strategy, process, and performance improvements or concerns
- May participate in negotiation of partnership agreements with new managers
- Develops detailed reports or presentations to identify trends, potential issues, review performance, and responds to ad hoc project requests
- Reviews market conditions to identify opportunities and assist in strategy development
- May make presentations to the board, staff, or other stakeholders
- Regular interaction with consultant professionals and other vendors
- Coordinating investment manager meetings in accordance with portfolio priorities
Please apply on the state website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2421048/investment-analyst/agency/utah/apply